Located at the head of lively St George’s Mall, Taj Cape Town in South Africa stands opposite Government Avenue and the 350 year old Company Gardens.
Taj Cape Town has direct access to a pedestrian precinct lined with pavement cafes, top restaurants, shops and African crafts. After dark, city night spots come alive.
From this Cape Town city hotel, guests can see St George’s Cathedral, Houses of Parliament, Table Mountain and sweeping city views. All around there are grand historic buildings, museums, fascinating markets and a host of activities for all to enjoy.
Taj Cape Town is located on Wale Street and has car-valet service with secure, covered parking. There is a complimentary city and V and A Waterfront transfers service and a concierge desk for booking tours, activities and excursions.
- When departing Cape Town International Airport, proceed on the N2 Freeway towards Cape Town city centre.
- Continue for approximately 15km and with Table Mountain approaching in front of you, remain in the N2 Freeway lane heading towards Cape Town City Centre and V&A Waterfront.
- Continue on Eastern Boulevard in the right hand lane heading towards the City. Follow the signs towards the Waterfront and Convention Centre (CTICC).
- As you come to the end of the Freeway you will arrive at a major intersection and set of traffic lights. The Westin Grand Hotel and CTICC is on your left, and the entrance to the V&A Waterfront on your right.
- At the traffic lights, continue straight up Buitengracht Street towards Table Mountain and at the 5th set of traffic lights, turn LEFT into WALE STREET.
- Continue down WALE STREET and the Taj Cape Town is located at the bottom end adjacent to St Georges Mall and directly opposite St Georges Cathedral.
- Secured covered parking is available in Mandela Rhodes Place in BURG STREET, accessible off WALE STREET just before the Taj Cape Town. Clear signage for Interpark Parking Garage.
- Guests parking in Mandela Rhodes Place may proceed via lobby and enter the Taj Cape Town through our pedestrian entrance on St. Georges Mall.
33degrees 55 min 23.7secs South
18degrees 25 min 3.04secs East